Monday 6 December 2010

Chapter 43 - Just Wishes - Gen 5


Being a bookwork, I read whenever I can, and being a vampire I can read in total darkness, which I think is pretty cool!!  Quite a while ago I decided I wanted to complete 30 books and am on number 27 at the moment.  At the moment I am reading a cooking book because I have all of a sudden got the cooking bug, I want to max my cooking skill and go into town to buy all the recipie books I can find.  I would really love to know how to cook everything.  I laugh at myself sometimes vampires don't eat food often.
 Dad is really worrying me, he is wasting his life away being very miserable.  All he does these days is sleep, eat, work and kick the training dummy or bash the block breaker.  He is filling the basement up slowly from gem stones he's finding in the spacerocks hes breaking.  The other day I collected over 70 rocks from down there - now he is just filling it right back up again.  I wish he would snap out of it - I can not remember the last time I had a conversation with him.
Someone else moping around the house - Dean, someone else who needs to get a life!!!  All he does is work, sleep, eat, read and paint .  We are not really friends at the moment, it has only been recently that I have noticed how bad our relationship is to say we are brothers, we are not close at all, not since we were kids, and the Lilac situation has just made things a whole lot worse!!!  I am actually quite lonely at home, Dad and Dean in their own little worlds, unless I have Lilac around I get very lonely I crave for social interaction.
Feeling quite low the one night after work I decided to hang around at the side of the theatre and play for tips, anything to spend time out of that miserable house I live in!!  As usual there was not a lot of people around, I am not sure I will ever get used to this town being so quiet and sleepy - I missed the busyness of Wishacy Valley!!!!
I got interupted from playing and asked for an autograph and photo
Then Juliet Verona who I had never met before approached me and started praising me on my published novel.  I felt quite flattered that anyone had actually read it - and liked it!!!
We talked for ages and I found out quite a bit about her - our star signs were compatible and she was a Hopeless Romantic, Artistic and a Bookworm like me.  She then started to flirt with me, and I dont know what came over me, I just joined in and started flirting back.
She was easy to get on with and I just automatically went along with the flow.  Juliet was quite attractive, but not as beautiful as Lilac - 
OMG - Lilac - WHAT AM I DOING!!!!!!!
I made my excuses and said goodbye and got out of there as quick as I could, before I caused any damage.  How could I be so stupid!!!!!  I went home and took my frustration out on the base - I hope Lilac never finds out about this!!!!
The next day Lilac came round.
"Are you ok, what happened to you last night??"
My heart sank, surley she couldn't know about Juliet already!!!
"Eeeerrrr nothing much why?"
"Haven't you read what they are saying about you in the papers today"
"No ..... what??" inside I was squirming!!
"Did you get arrested for fighting in public last night!"
"NO!!!!" relief flowed through me
"That's lies, someone must be spredding rumours!!"
I cooked Lilac her favourite food - Autumn Salad, and while she ate I sat reading a book.
"Your quiet - you ok???"  she asked
"Yeah, I'm fine, just doing some reading for work"
"When are we going to start talking about the wedding" she asked
"Let me just finish this last chapter, I need it read before work tommorrow, then I'm all yours"
"OK"  she said miserably
The wedding, even though I had proposed I hadn't even thought about a wedding, I didn't want to get married yet - or did I??  I had some thinking to do!!!
The next day before work I had to do something about this public scandal hanging over my head.  It was not true so I went down to town hall - I was going to sue them for slander!!!!
I won the case and got over $2,500 compensation - Bonus!!!
Later after work, I was very stressed, I had been working too hard, but it had paid off as I had been promoted again - this time to Back up Vocalist.  Jumping on the Trampoline is a lot of fun and a good way to relieve stress!!!!
It had been a few days since Lilac had wanted to talk about the wedding, and as yet we still hadn't spoken about it and she had not mentioned it since.  You can always tell when Lilac has stayed over the night because you will find me in the kitchen the next morning cooking her breakfast, waffles today.
 While Lilac ate her waffles, I stood staring out of the patio doors -
thinking - still thinking
When I looked into her eyes I knew what I wanted
" Lets get married"
"We are already getting married aren't we!!" she replied
"Yes - No - I mean now"
"What??"
"Lets get married now - this second - we don't need to wait and have all of that big fancy wedding, do we?"
"Eeeeer"
"Unless thats what you want"
"I ........."
"Now or big fancy wedding - you choose" I said
"Now" she replied
 "I hope you know I want lots of babies" she suddenly said
"WHAT!!??"
"At least 5, I want to be surrounded by family - can we go start making babies!?"
"WOW!! - slow down - lets get used to being married and living together first - then we can talk about having babies"
"Ok - but I am not going to quit bugging you on this one - I'm going to bug you every day until you give in!!
"Five - did you say at least Five??" I asked, it had only just registered properly what she had said
"Yep my Life Time Wish - but six would be nice 3 boys - 3 girls"
"aaaaawwwwwwwwww"  I needed to think again!!!
Babies already - how can she think so far ahead - it takes me forever to decide things for myself!!
As I watched her practising on her piano - I had something else I had to think about first, that was a lot more worrying than babies at the moment.  Life and Time - this was troubling me greatly, Even though we are both young adults - Lilac is human and I am a vampire - Lilac only has 31 days before she becomes a mature adult - me I have 209 days.  Being human her lifespan will be much shorter than mine, she will die of old age before I even get to become a mature adult.  She is sat there happily playing away, not a care in the world, I wander if she has even thought this through, our children will be vampires and we will have to live many of her lifetimes without her, and I don't think I could live a day without her let alone the rest of my lifetime.  I only have to see what my dad is going through living without mom, to know I don't want it.  If there was a way for me to become human I would do it - so there is only one think I can do - I want to turn Lilac into a vampire - and soon!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------



1 comment:

  1. HaHa! She wants lots of babies, that's great! I didn't know you could sue people for slander when they lie about you! That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete