Sunday 5 December 2010

Chapter 42 - Just Wishes - Gen 5

Finding a vampire passed out from sunstroke is not funny!!!  This is how I found dad the one day - passed out and burning up in the sun.  Waking him up was hard, but thankfully I managed to wake him and get him inside before he disintegrated.  But for the next 3 days after he was hell, his mood well in the red.
Dean had his birthday and he is now a young adult vampire and is now working at the science facility - he is now officially a geek!!!
I had been pretty busy with work and hadn't seen Lilac for a while, even though I had spoken to her on the phone.  One morning she made a surprise visit - I was really happy to see her, and couldn't believe I had been too preoccupied to have wanted to spend time with her!!
She was so beautiful I couldn't help but fall in love with her - I don't think I had realized until now
As the day wore on I began to think I was not the only one who had feelings for Lilac.  I watched Dean and Lilac chatting, they had compatible star signs and a lot of traits in common, they even liked the same colour and music.  I think I might have to keep my eye on Dean!!!
I had to go to work and when I returned Dean and Lilac were in the garden jumping on the trampoline together all I could hear was the pair of them giggling like mad.  I felt sick, and alarm bells started ringing in my head - was this jellousy I was experiencing!!!
 Lilac stayed over the night and I was quite the gentleman - we slept in the same bed, but we didn't wahoo even though I wanted  too.  I think all that trampoline jumping had worn her out.
 The next morning though, I wasn't such the gentlemen -  and we did wahoo - and we are now officially going steady!!
 I made Lilac some pancakes for breakfast, I enjoy cooking meals even though I don't like eating them, its nice for me to have a human to cook for!!  While she ate her pancakes I went for a shower.
I came out of the bathroom just in time to see something I didn't want to see and had been scared of - Dean making a move on Lilac.  I was angry, but I watched Dean and then watched Lilac backed away from him her hands in the air telling him to stop.  I stepped back so neither of them could see me.
"No!!  Dean, what are you playing at - I'm your brother girlfriend!"
"Sorry Lilac - I thought ...."
"I don't care what you thought - Ive got to go - tell Damen to call me later"
with that she left and went home
When I had pulled myself together I calmly walked into the living room,  I could see Dean sat reading a book, so I grabbed a book off the bookcase and sat down beside him and opened the book.  
"I know you are not really reading that book Dean"
"Yes I am you fool" he replied
"The only fool around here is you - dirtbag!!"
"Buzz off Damen - why do you always have to be so annoying!!!"
Neither of us took our eyes off the books we had in front of us
"Keep away from Lilac" I said
"What??"
"I saw you - trying to make a move on Lilac - fool!!"
"And ........"
"she's my girlfriend - go find your own - I am warning you - try it again and I'll put you in the corner of the garden with mom!!"
"Whatever!!"
I got up then, threw the book down on the couch and walked out.
I went straight round to Lilacs, I didn't have work for two days, so had all afternoon to do whatever with.
How can anyone live in a house this small??  Three rooms, a bedroom a kitchen and a bathroom.  There isn't even room for a couch and a TV.   I would go stir crazy living here!!  Lilac told me that she had only had enough money to buy this small house and a portable piano which keeps her amuzed, learning how to play it.
 The bed doubled up as a couch, and this is where we lay chatting for hours.
 Sometimes a little more than conversation went on
 We didn't move from the bedroom till it was getting late.  I needed plasma juice, luckily Lilac had some in her fridge.  Sitting there listening to her playing her piano, I suddenly wished to propose marriage to Lilac.  I needed sleep first, so I said goodbye and went home.
 The next day my agent phoned and asked me to write a book that earnt over $100 a week royalties for some bookclub or something.  I was three quarters of the way through writing my second romance novel, which I was earning $60 per chapter I submitted, so hopefully if I got this book finished, that would keep my agent happy for a while - the trouble was I couldn't concentrate - I wanted to see Lilac - I had something to ask her!!
 Giving up on the book I phoned Lilac and invited her round.  We got a little distracted before I plucked up the courage to ask her to marry me, we ended up upstairs again
Well its now or never!!!!
Later that evening I saw Dean watching me, with this stupid glazed look on his face.
"Keep on wishing bro - its not happening for you!!!!"
"Get lost Damen!!"


---------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 43 coming soon!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Julies notes
I am probably playing a dangerous game letting this car crash carry on - but i have to following Damens wishes.  There is a genuine triangle going on here - Dean and Damen are rolling all the same wishes concerning Lilac.   Dean has tried to flirt with Lilac a few times and she did knock him back - so I am hoping that it is only Damen that she is interested in - she has totally behaved so far and only seems to have eyes for Damen, so fingers crossed it stays this way.   Damen and Lilac did meet by chance first  and Dean only met her because of Lilac being at home with Damen - so Damen gets the girl - I HOPE!!!!!
Cause we never know with this family do we!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, if I was Damen, I would so kick Dean out of the house just to keep things legit!

    ReplyDelete